As a follow up to my post earlier today on being consistent in my exercise, I have to say today was one of the hardest exercise days for me in a long time.
My usual workout routine starts at 5:45am and goes something like this:
- Warm up then repeat the below 3-4 times
- 30+ Half pull ups or 10-12 full pull ups
- 20 shoulder extensions focusing on rotator cuff
- 30 pushups
- 12 pistol squats each leg or 15 lunges each leg
- Side plank each side for a minute / straight plank 2 minutes
- Tues / Thurs 1 mile run in Vibrams
I repeat the above at lunch time run a 5k instead of the 1 mile run or bike for 30 minutes.
Today, I overslept. Alarm went off and I turned it off and even though Liza asked what I was doing, I went right back to sleep. Morning routine out the window. Then at lunch I thought I would make it up, but from the get go felt winded. For weeks I have run a 5k non-stop, today I had to stop 3 times again feeling winded.
So I acknowledge it was hard to be consistent in my exercise. And I will continue to push forward to reach my goals.