December is a month to celebrate. One of our first traditions is to change our mantel. For the past few years we have been choosing a “theme” for Christmas.
Our theme this year is . . .
We wanted to have a woodsy mantel, so we chose to bring in some greens, pine cones, and cut logs
And then inspired by Pinterest and curious to see if we could make our own chalkboard, we headed to the White Elephant Outlet, a local shop when unwanted antiques and knick knacks go. We found a big painting with the frame. Everything is half off. We purchased it. Andrew painted the gold frame white and then painted the glass with chalkboard paint.
It was my turn.
I took inspiration from the above printable. And designed our chalkboard. I meticulously copied the letters and then found a snowflake on line that I liked and did my best to pretend to be an artist.
And here we have our Christmas mantel.
What are ways we incorporate the “theme”?
- We chose an advent reading called, “All is Calm, All is Bright”
- Our Christmas cards have the saying “All is Calm, All is Bright” on them and we are wishing our friends and family a season that includes moments of calm and moments that are bright
- We choose presents around the theme, our family will receive presents that are “calm” and/or “bright”
- We will include it in our annual Christmas Movie
- We wrap our presents in this theme
- We give our co-workers fudge with tags from our theme.
Last year our theme was “Joy to the World”
May your winter season be filled with the peace and calm
And may your celebrations be merry and bright!
Linking up to . . .